Today, lots of people search for Kodi application. Some people may already know about what is Kodi? But some people don’t know about that. For those people, Kodi is a free and open-source media player which allows you to play and view lots of Movies, Music’s and other digital media files from local and network storage of the media and internet. Kodi is easily a versatile and customizable media player in the market now. You can use Kodi to store your digital content like videos, movies, etc. in one easy-to-find place, or use it to download and access live digital TV stream and music’s streams from all over the world.
|Install Kodi on Chromecast|
Kodi gets more popular around the world because of its amazing features and it works for all devices. Because of its popularity, some people search to install Kodi on Chromecast. Are you here to know how to install Kodi on Chromecast? Then keep reading. In this article, you can get a clear idea about how to install Kodi on Chromecast and how to stream videos from your Kodi player on the Android phone or tablet to your Chromecast.
Kodi on Chromecast:
Chromecast is a streaming media adapter from Google which allows users to play online content such as Videos, Movies, Music, etc. Google’s Chromecast is a superb way for streaming videos or contents from your phone or tablet to TV. Unfortunately, the official version of Kodi on Chromecast is not available now. But don’t worry guys. You can still stream Kodi content to your TV through Chromecast by using three different methods.
|Kodi on Chromecast|
We will see three methods in the below section. Before we start the installation, you may note that you can’t stream Kodi content to Chromecast from IOS devices. So, we only see the installation methods for Android devices. There are lots of Kodi Addons are developed day by day to enhance your Kodi experience. Do you want to enjoy the Kodi addons? Click here Selfless Kodi Addon, Exodus Kodi Addon, Covenant Kodi Addon, Reddit Kodi Addon, etc.
How to Install and stream Kodi on Chromecast using PlayFactoryCore:
This method is fast & furious and also recommended a method to install and stream Kodi on Chromecast. Before we start, we need a few things kept ready before installing Kodi on Chromecast using this method. You need to download the below files prior and kept those files ready while installing so you can easily install Kodi on Chromecast. The files are,
- ES File Explorer
- Kodi file
- XML file
- Local Cast
After downloading these files, let’s we start the installation of Kodi on Chromecast now.
- Open ES File Explorer that you downloaded recently.
- Go to the Settings menu and click the Display settings.
|Go to settings and open display settings|
- Now, check whether the Show Hidden files checkbox is Ticked or not. This step is more important.
|Enable show hidden files on kodi|
- After that open download folder of ES File Explorer.
|Open downloaded folder ES File Explorer|
- Now, you can find a file PlayerFactoryCore.xml that you already downloaded.
|Find PlayerFactoryCore.xml file|
- Next, you need to do is to copy the file PlayerFactoryCore.xml and paste it on Android -> Data and the either to org.xbmc.kodi or org.xbmx.xbmc.
|Copy and paste the downloaded files|
- Now, go to the above folder and then to user data and finally paste PlayerFactoryCore.xml file.
- Once you finish the above step then Open your Kodi application and open the video file that you wish to stream.
- Now, Kodi application will automatically launch LocalCast. And your Android phone or Tablet may ask you on which casting application you wish to use.
- When the video is loaded then you will be asked to press Play button. Once you click the Play option you may see the question “Which Device you had like to stream”
- Finally, play the video one more time and it will be playing on your Chromecast that is connected to the TV.
Now, you can easily stream any videos or movies from Kodi application to TV. If you feel any difficulty while installing Kodi on Chromecast, you can try the alternative method below.
An alternative method to install Kodi on Chromecast:
This method is very simple compared to the above method. You can simply Chromecast any videos, movies from your Android phone to TV with these simple steps.
- Open your Chromecast application on your Android phone or Tablet.
|Open Chromecast application on your phone|
- Go to menu and select the option “Cast screen/Audio” option and kindly follow the instructions apps provides you.
|Cast screen/Audio option on Kodi|
- Now, search for the video file that you wish to play and click on Play option.
- Now, the selected video will play both on your Android phone and as well as Chromecast.
- But, one disadvantage is you can’t able to make and receive phone calls while the video is playing.
Install and Stream Kodi to Chromecast from a computer:
Streaming Kodi content to a Chromecast from a PC is not a difficult thing as you think. Let’s see the installation steps here
- Download Google Chrome and Chromecast app and Kodi client on your PC.
- Now, install the Chrome web browser with Chrome Extension.
|Install Chromecast extension|
- Open Chrome and select the ‘cast’ option from your Chromecast extension.
- You can see “Cast this tab to” option on the right. Click it and select “Cast entire screen”
|Stream videos on Kodi to TV|
- Once it is done then you can stream Kodi PC to your Chromecast.
Finally, you get the detailed information about Kodi on Chromecast and how to install Kodi on Chromecast in this article. I hope you may get lots of solutions for installing Kodi on Chromecast through this article. If you face any other issues or face any issues while installing and streaming videos from Kodi to TV then kindly comment us on the below comment box. We will meet again in the new topic guys. Thanks for visiting.