People like to stream online videos, movies, TV shows on their television via the internet. There are lots of streaming applications are available in the market like Plex, Terrarium TV, MediaPortal, Emby, etc. But nothing is much better than Kodi application. You may guess know what we are going to see in this article. Yes, in this article we are going to discuss What is Kodi and how to download Kodi for Windows PC 10/8.1/7. Installation of Kodi for Windows PC is getting increased day by day because of its amazing features.
|Kodi for Windows PC|
Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application which was developed by XBMC foundation and it provides access to streaming media content, including Music’s and videos, and it offers you a way to watch all the online content around the home. You no need to worry about the devices because Kodi app is available for all the platforms like Windows, IOS, MAC, Blackberry, Tizen, etc. Because of its popularity, people like to download this Kodi software for Windows PC. Are you here to know how to download Kodi for Windows? Then you are in the right place. Let’s we jumped into the topic now guys.
Kodi for Windows PC:
|Download Kodi for Windows PC|
As I told before Kodi is an open-source and free media player which allows you to play and view lots of Movies, Music’s and other media files from local and network storage of the media and internet. Lots of addons are available in Kodi to enhance your Kodi experience. That is lots of third party applications or addons are available in Kodi for Windows PC. Moreover, we can customize Kodi with a lot of skins and themes which makes it more attractive. Windows operating system is used worldwide and it is one of the best-operating systems for PC and laptops. After the introduction of Kodi for Windows PC, lots of PC users search Kodi and download it for Windows. So, now we can easily download and use Kodi for Windows PC 10/8.1/7.
How to download and install Kodi for Windows PC 10/8.1/7:
We can easily download and install Kodi for Windows PC 10/8.1/7. There are a few important steps involved in this process. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below. This installation procedure is common for Windows PC 10/8.1/7.
- Open your browser and visit Kodi website
- Now, click on the Download button located on the top-right corner of the page.
|Click on the Download button|
- You may ask to choose the weapon so scroll down to select on Windows option.
|Select Windows option|
- Now, a pop up will show up and there will be two versions. Release and Nightly.
- Click on the Installer 32-bit option
|Click on Installer 32 bit option|
- Your download will start now so kindly wait till the download finishes.
- After downloading, click on the Source file that you have download now.
- Run the application and click on I accept the terms and conditions.
|Install Kodi on Windows PC|
- Now, the Kodi setup wizard will start now and click the Next button.
|Click Next option|
- Once it is done then Kodi for Windows PC will get install on your PC Windows 10/8.1/7.
- Finally, restart your computer once and enjoy the Kodi application on your PC Windows 10/8.1/7.
How to Configure Kodi for Windows PC:
Now, we successfully download and install Kodi for Windows PC. Next, we need to configure the Kodi app. You can easily configure Kodi app on your PC. If you want to stream Movies, Videos, TV Shows, Music’s, then you need to configure it. Let’s see how to configure Kodi for PC
- Open the Kodi media player on your Windows PC
|Open the Kodi media player|
- Now, you will see the main and home page of Kodi
- In the home page, you see the Settings option on the left pane.
|Select Settings option|
- Now, Click on Settings option
- Once you Click Settings, a new screen will open.
- There you will see lots of options to configure the Kodi as per your need. The options you will see Appearance, Video, TV, Music, Pictures, Weather, Addons, Services, System etc.
|Configure Kodi on Windows PC|
- So, you can select and configure what you want to stream on Kodi player
- Finally, enjoy the Kodi media player on Windows PC after configure.
How to Update/Upgrade Kodi on Windows:
We have to update each and every software for advanced features. So, you need to update the Kodi on your Windows PC. Just follow the instructions below to update Kodi on Windows.
- First, Open Kodi on your System.
|Open your Kodi software|
- Go to Add-Ons menu
|Go to Add-Ons Menu|
- Now, tap on the Box-shaped icon on the home page
- Now, Choose the Install from Repository option.
|Install from repository|
- In that list, select Kodi add-on repository option.
- Now, select Program add-ons and then click on Kodi Windows Installer and Click Install option.
|Select Windows Installer|
- Once it installed, go back to Kodi home page and click on Add-ons.
- And Click on Program Add-ons
- Now, Select Kodi Windows Installer and Select releases
- Now, Tap on Win32 and select Kodi Krypton version 17.6
- Before installation, it will inform you that all your addons and repository will remain upgraded while the installation is completed.
How to Install Kodi Add-ons on Windows PC:
Kodi media player is nothing without Kodi addons. In previous posts, we see about lots of Kodi addons like Selfless Kodi addon, Exodus Kodi addon, Covenant Kodi addon, etc. Here we will see the common method to download and install Kodi addons on Windows PC.
- Open the Kodi Player/Kodi Krypton
- Choose the settings icon that is available in the Top of the screen in the Home page of Kodi.
|Choose the settings|
- Now, Select the File Manager option in that settings option.
|Select the File Manager|
- In File Manager, Go to Add source option.
- Now, choose the None option on Add file source option.
|choose the None option on Add file source option.|
- Enter the path as http://bliss-tv.com/blisstv/
- And enter the media name as Bookmark Repo and Click OK.
- After that click the Install the Zip file option and proceed the installation.
|Click the Install the Zip file|
- Now, you need to Navigate to the Bookmark Repo that we downloaded and click OK.
- After that, you need to wait for Addon Enabled Notification of Bookmark Repo.
- Now, go to install from Repository of Addons section.
|Install from Repository of Addons|
- Next, open the Bookmark Repository option and go to Addons.
- After that, Search and locate Kodi Addon which you want from that list.
|Search and locate Kodi Addon|
- Now Choose the Install option to install Kodi Addon.
|Choose the install option to install Kodi Addon.|
- Kindly wait for Addon Enabled Notification on Kodi 17.6 version and finally enjoy the Kodi player with third party Addons on Windows PC.
Finally, I hope this article must give you a clear idea about how to download and install Kodi for Windows PC. You can easily download and install Kodi on Windows PC using these guides. Streaming the videos, Music’s, TV shows, Movies in a bigger screen with Kodi media player is an amazing thing. Kodi is a legal software so you can use it legally on Windows. Hurry Up and install Kodi for Windows PC 10/8.1/7 quickly. If you face any issue while downloading Kodi for Windows PC, comment us in the below comment section. We will help to you. Ok guys, we will see you soon with new and interesting topic. Thank you.