Kodi is a free, open-source and perfect streaming media player can now be installed on Apple TV. Kodi is one of the rapturous applications for streaming media contents like Movies, TV shows, videos, etc. In our site, we cover the topics all about Kodi, different kind of Kodi Addons, Kodi for different devices. Are you here to know how to install Kodi on Apple TV? If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss what is Apple TV? What is Kodi and how to install Kodi on Apple TV for all the four generations?
|Kodi on Apple TV|
Lots of people like to access Kodi application because this is the open-source app which allows users to access all kinds of contents like Videos, Music’s, TV shows, etc. Actually, Kodi application is available for all the platforms like Windows, MAC, and Android, etc. But Kodi is not available in the Apple store due to its strict regulations. Don’t worry guys. However, there are other ways are available to install Kodi on Apple TV with the help of Cydia Impactor, Xcode and OSMC.
What is Apple TV?
Apple TV is an amazing digital media player which was developed by Apple Inc. It is used to streams entertainment channels, Movies, Videos using apps from the Apple Store. By installing Kodi on Apple TV, you can able to stream lots of multimedia contents directly from the internet.
|What is Apple TV|
Kodi comes with its own interface and lots of third-party add-ons are available to enhance your Kodi experience. You can use lots of Kodi addons like Covenant Kodi addon, Exodus Kodi addon, and Reddit Kodi addon on your Apple TV to enhance your video experience.
How to Install Kodi on Apple TV Fourth Generation:
Here, we can see the installation methods for all four generations. First, we will see how to install Kodi on Apple TV Fourth generation using three different methods. The methods are
- Install Kodi on Apple TV using Xcode method
- Install Kodi on Apple TV using Cydia Impactor
- Install Kodi on Apple TV using OSMC
Install Kodi on Apple TV using Xcode method:This method is easy and it is only working for the fourth generation Kodi on Apple TV. Before installation, you need the things are the latest version of Xcode app, Kodi Apple file from Kodi website and USB A to USB A cable to connect MAC PC and Apple TV.
- First, connect your MAC PC to Apple TV.
- Now, Download Xcode app from the Apple store and Click to install it.
- Open the Xcode app and Choose the option Create a New Xcode project.
|Open the Xcode app and create a new project|
- After that Go to application and Choose Single view application.
|Go to application and select a single view|
- Now, Click on Next. There you will see another window and you have to fill Product name, Organisation name, Organisation Identifier, Language and device. After filling all the information, click the Next button.
- You have to choose the location of your Git repository. Now, specify the location and Click Create option.
- Now, you will see the error message.
- Click on Fix issue and then click on Add button.
- Go to the home screen and you will see the pop up like ‘to fix this issue, select a Development team for provisioning’. Now, Click on Choose.
|Kodi on Apple TV|
- Kindly open the App Signer and give the Kodi file that we download.
- Now, select the provisioning profile and then click on start. Finally, an IPA file will be created by App Signer.
- After that go to the Xcode app and then go to Window and device.
- Select your Apple TV from that list and click on the small plus sign.
- Now, Click on IPA file that is created by App Signer.
- Finally, Xcode will install Kodi on Apple TV Fourth generation. Once the installation is done, you can now enjoy streaming all the multimedia contents on the web.
Install Kodi on Apple TV using Cydia Impactor:
If you feel difficulty in the first method, then you can use this second method to install Kodi on Apple TV using Cydia Impactor.
- First, download Cydia Impactor and install it on your MAC PC.
- Now, connect your Apple TV to your MAC PC using USB C to USB A cable.
- Open Cydia Impactor.
- Now, download Kodi IPA file for Apple TV from the Kodi website.
- Drag and drop the Kodi file to the Cydia Impactor.
|Drag and drop IPA file|
- Now, choose your device like Apple TV from the list of devices.
- You need to log in to Cydia Impactor using your Apple ID.
|Log in with your Apple ID and password|
- Now, Cydia Impactor will start installing the Kodi using the Kodi IPA file that we already provided to Cydia Impactor.
- Finally, select the Destination path and Click on Extract.
|Click and Extract Impactor|
- Now, Kodi will be installed on your Apple TV fourth generation.
Install Kodi on Apple TV using the OSMC method:The third method also simple to install Kodi on Apple TV and this step is similar to installing Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3.
- First, you need to download OSMC software on your MAC PC.
- After the installation, Open the OSMC
- While first step, the software will ask you where the files have to be installed. We will use SD card to install Kodi on Apple TV so Choose Apple TV.
|Select where to install Kodi|
- Now, you need to select the version of OSMC and select the language.
|Select language and version|
- Next, the software will ask you where the OSMC to be installed. You can select what you want like a USB or SD card.
- After that configure your internet connection so choose whether you use Wired or Wireless connection.
- Now, check the Drive package and accept the terms and conditions option and Click Next.
- Finally, the Kodi application is installed on Apple TV for the fourth generation.
How to install Kodi on Apple TV for Third Generation:
|Kodi on Apple TV for the third generation|
We are sorry to inform you that you cannot able to access Kodi application on Apple TV for Third Generation. Because the third-generation Apple TV does not allow the third party applications other than Apple applications. But don’t worry guys. We have an alternative method. You can directly use Kodi on Apple TV for third-generation without installing it on Apple TV using the option Airplay. If you are a MAC PC user, then install Kodi on your MAC PC. You can mirror it to your Apple TV and enjoy watching Kodi on Apple TV.
How to install Kodi on Apple TV for Second Generation:
|Kodi on Apple TV for second generation|
In the second-generation Apple TV, you can able to download only the older version of Kodi so the latest version of Kodi is not available. The older version Kodi Helix is available on Apple TV 2. Let’s see the installation steps
- First, you need to connect your Apple TV to your MAC PC.
- Now, Open the MAC terminal and enter the command ssh email@example.com and replace your IP Apple address with this address.
- After that Enter your MAC password and Click Enter.
- Now enter the following comments on MAC terminal.
apt-get install wget
wget -0- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add –
echo ?deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main? > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
echo ?eb http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/atv2 ./? > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2
- Once you enter the command your Apple TV 2 will get restarted. If it finished, then Kodi is installed on your Apple TV 2 successfully.
How to install Kodi on Apple TV for the First generation:
|Kodi on Apple TV for the first generation|
Apple TV First Generation has high storage capacity so it works even better than other Apple generations. Let’s see the installation steps below.
- First, you need to upgrade your Apple TV 1 to 3.0.2 version.
- Now, Go to settings and Change Audio and video settings and change HDMI to RGB high.
- After that connect your Apple TV to either Wired or Wireless connection.
- Create Open ELEC flash drive using MAC PC.
- After that Open MAC terminal and enter the following command.
|Type the command mentioned below|
curl -O http://chewitt.openelec.tv/usb/install-hdd.img.gz
- Now, your USB will appear so enter the following command
diskutil list | grep -v disk0 | tail +2
- Now, enter the following command
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
- Now, finally, run the below command
gunzip -c install-hdd.img.gz | Sudo dd of=/dev/rdisk1 bs=1m
Kindly wait for a few minutes. After that, an error pop up message will appear and it says that the disk is unreadable. Now, you need to unplug the USB device and Turn off the Apple TV 1 and Plug the USB drive and turn on the power. After that, you will find the logo Open ELEC. Make sure that your internet connection is turned on. Now, select the Open ELEC then it will download the Kodi on Apple TV for First Generation. Finally, enjoy watching Kodi on Apple TV 1.
Finally, this article provides you the complete information about Apple TV and how to install Kodi on Apple TV for Generations 1, 2, 3 and 4. I hope this article must be very useful for you to enjoy all the features of Kodi on Apple TV. If you have any doubt while installing Kodi on Apple TV for Generations 1, 2, 3 and 4, then kindly comment us in the below comment section. We will meet you again in the new topic guys. Thanks for visiting.